How are Tech Leaders Responding to Covid-19?
During each of our Alternative Hangout sessions, we pose a series of survey questions to participants. At our first Professional Services Tech Leaders session we heard from the following speakers:
At each session, we pose a number of survey questions to our audience. Here is what we asked them and how they responded:
1. Post lockdown, how do you envision the future business model for balancing remote and in-office working?
We have asked this question at a number of our Hangouts and the majority of those surveyed have indicated that things will not return to normal post lockdown. 67% believe that there will be increased home working with employees having scheduled time in the office, 28% think there will be a 50-50 mix of home and office working and only 6% say that the majority of an employees time will be spent in the office.
2. During the Covid-19 crisis which things have been the most prevalent to look at?
We gave participants three options to choose from in regards to what they found the most prevalent for their business to look at during Covid-19. Both business continuity and reducing costs and improving efficiency received 39% of the votes with improving relationships with existing partners receiving 22%.
3. Now you have settled into WFH, how effective are you and your team? What % of work do you feel your team can achieve whilst working remotely?
Everyone said that their team could achieve between 75% and 100% of their work effectively whilst working from home during the Covid-19 crisis. None of those surveyed chose 50% or less.
4. What barriers have you and your team been experiencing whilst working remotely?
The majority of respondents (44%) said that gathering information from clients was the biggest barrier for them and their teams whilst they have been working remotely. 31% said that managing staff and tasks had proven to be a barrier and 25% said internal communication was the main barrier they had experienced whilst working from home.
5. How successfully is your company managing security on local devices – are you happy with your endpoint security set up?
At 94%, the vast majority of those surveyed said that they were happy with their endpoint security set. This has been a hot topic since the need to enable entire businesses to work from home happened almost overnight. Only 6% said that they were not happy with their endpoint security up and none of those surveyed said that they were in the market for a new supplier.
6. Will your business remove previous barriers to innovation decision making and create a new culture of agile / faster innovation decision making post-Covid-19?
22% said that their business would not remove previous barriers to innovation decision making to enable a new culture of agile innovation decision making post-Covid-19, with 78% saying that their company would remove these barriers.