6 Secrets of a winning IT Team
The world of IT support and service desks is evolving and we at T-Tech are pushing to stay ahead of the curve.
No longer seen as the “fix my laptop” team sitting in the basement, T-Tech step up and take pride of place as the central nervous system of the business.
Sometimes the service desk are still stuck fighting fires and reacting to issues. But we recognise the high performing businesses among our client portfolio, are the ones aligning their IT with the business strategy, embracing agile working practices, seeking to automate, and have digital transformation on the agenda.
Can your business stand up with confidence and count yourself among them?
NO?… Do not panic, there is time.
According to the Help Desk Institute, only 29% of people asked said their IT team is critical to business success. Technology, that thing that powers so much of what we do, which is implemented, run, and supported by the IT team, should be viewed as important, right? But less than a third of companies asked have it front of mind as a business critical department. The opportunity is clear; when IT is done well, it is a game changer. Get this crucial part of your business, in your business!
Embracing technology will not only make your teams work faster, but also more efficiently with increased accuracy. The value perceived and realised by your clients and employees is the icing on the cake.
So tell me more about this high performing IT team, I hear you cry; “what is the secret?” Nothing you probably don’t already know if you thought about it. But are those ideals applied? Are they truly part of the IT team?
1. Fostering an environment of team work is the key to driving forward any level of success. Everyone must be a contributor: hangers on and cruisers are not welcome on board this train!
2. The IT team with edge is not waiting for the call to come in, they are fixing the problem before it happens, and they are striving for continuous improvement – they are dealing with problem management.
3. A broken laptop isn’t simply that; it is a sales person who isn’t selling; it is an accountant who isn’t billing; it is a customer service rep who isn’t assisting clients. We get that.
4. A high performing team are 2 times more likely to have a digital transformation plan, and nearly half of these see an improved ROI on technology. They are investing in artificial intelligence, analytics, and reporting.
5. A value underpinning everything at T-Tech is to question “will it have a positive impact on our clients?” if the answer is not YES then why are we doing it!
6. Having tools, methodologies, and investing to make things quicker is vital. You cannot achieve the other elements without ensuring the team are not wasting time on work that could be done quicker, or automatically.
Whether you have an in house IT team or use an external support company, at T-Tech we know what good looks, and we are always pushing to get there. We want to bring our clients on this journey too.
Technology and the IT team may be that piece of the puzzle being ignored, that could really make a game changing impact on your business.
Get on board with
▪ Agile and productive workforce
▪ Return on technology investment
▪ Improved customer satisfaction
▪ Competitive edge
▪ Enviable culture
Reboot your IT back office and give it pride of place in the forefront.
No matter the current situation, the T-Tech team could be adding value to your business. Through consultancy led approaches, we make the crucial link between the business strategy and the technology, and processes that support that plan.
Don’t have a plan? That works too, we can help you create that vision and make it a reality.